9.14.2011

I love you (too).

I'm guilty of overusing the words "I love you". You and I could be friends for 5 minutes, and chances are I'll tell you I love you. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea. These three simple words are by far my favorite. Now, you won't catch me saying the words "I love you, too". Even if you know me well, you might not have caught on to this. This phrase makes me cringe, dramatic I know. It's the too part that drives me away from this phrase. Too- it just seems so forced, like maybe you wouldn't have said I love you if I didn't say it first. Like maybe you only told me you loved me because I told you. Ridiculous.

Instead, I leave out the word "too", that way there is never a doubt in your mind that I'm only responding.

Demonstration:

You: I love you
Me: I love you

It really is that easy. I really don't know another person that thinks this way; I'm understandably in the minority, but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment