11.24.2011

Country Roads, Take Me Home

The weekend before last I made one of the best, spontaneous decisions I've ever made. Last minute, as in five minutes before go time, I decided to make a road trip home with one of my very best friends, Tyler. Hands down, just what I needed. Although I adore Knoxville, I've been extremely homesick the past month or so. My trip home with Tyler was exactly the cure I was hoping for. Our trip exceeded my expectations by far. Not only is Tyler's family super sweet, his grandmother is an amazing cook. Between a picture adventure around Westmoreland, home-cooked meals, a wonderful family and time spent with Tyler, I'd say I had a fabulous time. 

Tyler's grandfather, Pa, officially gave me the nickname 'Tear drop". I'm obsessed. 

Westmoreland is basically the epitome of a small, southern town. It didn't hurt that as we were adventuring around on Sunday afternoon Miranda Lambert's 'House That Built Me' came on the radio. 

This particular weekend meant so much to me because I finally got to see the sweet, little town that Tyler calls home. We spent a few hours traveling around Westmoreland and at each stop Tyler had a childhood story to share with me. I absolutely loved it and wish we had more time to explore. 







 












I was sad to say goodbye, but absolutely cannot wait to make another trip over Christmas break. Thank you for being a wonderful host, Ty! I'm so thankful to have spent time with you and your family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment